TRAINING RESOURCES - LEARN HOW HERE:
PLEASE NOTE: Effective immediately, the DPDx Team will require a CDC 50.34 submission form to be filled out and submitted with images for diagnostic assistance in order to generate a formal, written laboratory report. This form must be submitted in a secure method to protect patient information.
The CDC has a Sharefile system that should be used to submit the form and images. Please email the DPDx Team to request a one-time link to the Sharefile server to submit a case for diagnostic assistance.
The Team will include a CDC CSID number for the case in the subject line when they email the link and that number will be used for any subsequent correspondence (when necessary). The following steps describe the submission process:
- Send an email requesting diagnostic assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT include patient identifiers or images in the email requesting diagnostic assistance.
- The DPDx team will respond by email with a CDC Sharefile link, open this link in your browser.
- Upload your case images and CDC 50.34 submission form. Other supporting documents and communications such as questions, etc. can also be uploaded as word or text files.
- The DPDx team will receive notification once the files are uploaded and will respond via email with a preliminary diagnosis using the CDC CSID number assigned.
- An official, final diagnosis will be generated only if the CDC 50.34 is submitted.
To access the most recent form (CDC 50.34), please click here.
This assistance is free of charge (except for U.S. Federal agencies and the U.S. military). If you have an urgent case, please do not delay case management and treatment.
Please do not include patient identifiers (P.I.) in email inquiries.
Please send your diagnostic request to email@example.com.